I’m over halfway through my weeklong Summer Staycation (culminating in my birthday this Saturday). I’ve been really happy with the decision to take the time off — I think I needed it more than I realized.
Here’s a list of some of the things I’ve done this week:
- Played the original Rollercoaster Tycoon game for more than 8 hours
- Watched many episodes of Guy’s Grocery Games and Cutthroat Kitchen
- Got some new plants for the windowsill
- Did laundry (🤔)
- Got out all my old toys for this Our Perfect Marriage photoshoot with Claire
- Ate too much ice cream
- Played Smite
- Worked on my novel and a short story
- Set up Hue lightbulbs throughout the house (ridiculous)
- Scrolled through Facebook, Twitter and Reddit for hours on end
Basically, a perfect week. What more could you ask for?